The only brownie recipe worthy of making during quarantine
I discovered Grossypelosi’s (AKA Daniel Pelosi) Instagram through the profile of Andy Baraghani, Senior Food Editor at Bon Appetit. Professionally, Pelosi is the Senior Director of Creative Services at ANN, Inc., the parent company of Ann Taylor and Loft. During his off-time, he curates a seemingly never-ending list of delicious recipes displayed on his Instagram
Pelosi is an incredibly warm and kind person. He is always engaging with his followers (we were actually messaging back and forth as I wrote this article) to answer any questions, or maybe just chat! Nevertheless, he is no novice in the kitchen, and it shows.
“After years of watching my family cook, my time to shine in the kitchen came while I studied for a year in Rome,” said Pelosi during an interview in February. “Suddenly, 30+ college kids (including myself) were living in a foreign place without a standard collegiate cafeteria to feed them”. This was the moment where he discovered his passion for cooking.
Now, the brownie recipe developed by Pelosi that I am going to share with you is the only one that you will ever need for quarantine, and probably for the rest of your life.
This recipe makes an entire sheet pan of chocolatey, gooey brownies. So, you can share with your loved ones, or devour the entire tray as you binge-watch Tiger King on Netflix. Either way, you won’t be disappointed.
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate morsels
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups dark-brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Break up butter in a heatproof bowl and add chocolate.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and then remove from heat.
- Place bowl over pot and stir until the butter and chocolate have melted and combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Combine chocolate and egg mixture.
- Fold in flour.
- Line a buttered, rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350° F on the middle rack for one hour.
- Look for a shiny top and a moderately firm batter.
- Remove from oven and flip over on a cooling rack.
- After the brownies have cooled, cut into squares and enjoy!
The Finished Product:
On another note…
The latest initiative from Pelosi is a line of t-shirts that he designed with his friend and queer artist, ROONEY. All proceeds from the t-shirts go to SAGE, the world’s largest and oldest organization for improving the lives of LGBTQ+ older adults. You can order your shirt by clicking here. Check them out below!