Easy Cinnamon Bread
Homemade bread is one of our family’s favorite things to make. This hasn’t always been the case though. For years, I would avoid using ingredients like yeast because I just wasn’t confident in my abilities and things would always turn out less than edible. Fast forward to 2020 and beyond, being a homeschooling mama of 2, and spending more time at home now more than ever, experimenting in the kitchen has become one of the kids and I’s favorite things to do. Not only do we get to create and enjoy delicious treats but they get to help out, get their hands dirty, learn about measuring and cooking, all as part of their homeschool lessons! It’s a win-win for this mama! I hope you and your family enjoy this recipe as much as we did (this bread didn’t last longer than a day around here)!!
Easy Cinnamon Bread
Dough: 3/4 cups warm water (110° is perfect) 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast (one packet) 1/2 cup milk (warmed to 110°) 1/3 cups sugar 3 TBPS butter (melted) 1 egg (room temperature) 4 cups bread flour 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp salt (I cut salt in half if using salted butter)
Filling: 1/4 cup sugar 1 TBSP cinnamon 1/8 cup brown sugar
Instructions: 1. Heat water to 110° in a small bowl. Sprinkle yeast on top and gently combine. Let stand for 5-7 min until yeast has dissolved
2. In a medium mixing bowl add water/yeast mixture and beat in milk, sugar, butter and egg.
3. Beat in 2 cups of flour until mixture is smooth.
4. In a separate bowl, add remaining 2 cups of flour, salt and cinnamon. Whisk it all together to get the salt incorporated well.
5. Add flour mixture a little at a time, mixing until the dough is nice and smooth.
6. Once mixed, knead with your hands for 5 min.
7. Shape dough into a smooth ball and place in a lightly greased bowl and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Place in a warm spot and let rise 1-2 hours until doubled in size.
8. Punch dough down and knead slightly on a lightly floured surface.
9. Roll dough out with a lightly greased rolling pin to a 9×20 inch rectangle
10. Combine sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon for the filling in a small bowl and sprinkle over the top of the dough.
11. Starting at the narrow end of the dough, roll tightly, pinching the edges to seal. Tuck ends under slightly and place in a buttered 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
12. Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until dough has risen 1 inch over the top of the pan.
13. Preheat oven the 350°. Bake for 35 min until loaf is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
14. Brush top with a stick of butter and let cool for 10 min in loaf pan before moving it to cooling rack or slicing area.
15. You can slice and serve right away or wait until loaf is fully cooled. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag me over on Instagram @april_may_june88 and/or leave a comment below!!